Monday, October 10, 2011

Acid Washed Denim, Vanilla Ice & Banana Clips



Yes.

We did.

The year was 89-90 and acid washed denim was cool. Can you tell?

And so was big hair (held together with White Rain, AquaNet or Rave hairspray). At least in Texas it was. And I'm pretty sure there were a couple of TV shows displaying similar height and volume.

A few of us from our Student Council group were selected to be guest D.J.s on our popular radio station, POWER 104.

On air and off, we probably said things like "This is like so totally awesome!" and "Cool beans!" and "To the max" and "Dude!" and "Gnarly" and "Totally Rad."

We probably played artists like Madonna, Vanilla Ice, Depeche Mode, Janet Jackson, Poison, Billy Idol, INXS, Bobby Brown, Chicago, Debbie Gibson, Bon Jovi, Prince, and Guns N' Roses just to name a few.

I think I kept my copy of the video cassette from that day. Wonder if I can find it?

Wonder if I really want to?

And yes, among other totally awesome souvenirs, we were given these beautiful acid washed jackets. I'm sure they were coveted by our peers. Can't believe I didn't save mine. Probably could've sold it on ebay.

Under these rad jackets, I bet you would find swatch watches, rubber bracelets, and big belts.

On our feet? Possibly hi-top sneakers (Converse or L.A. Gear) or some shiny flats.

Yep.

Those were the good ole days.

Makes me want to go buy a banana clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment