Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bits of Wisdom (#1-10) Gained With Age


Let's face it.  We all thought we knew everything when we were teenagers. But as we moved into our twenties and then into our thirties we learned that sadly, this was not the case.

Now as I am approaching forty, I'm confident that I still don't know much of anything.

There are, however, a few things that I have learned along the way (this list is obviously not all inclusive and will definitely grow longer as my journey continues).

  • Sometimes chocolate really does make things better.
  • It's ok to say no.
  • Not everyone will like me, and that's ok.
  • You're never too old to try something new.
  • Wisdom teeth will not fall out on their own no matter how much you pray.
  • Infants somehow magically turn into teenagers overnight.
  • Gravity is a real force.
  • People are always watching.
  • Some choices and actions (good or bad) affect your life forever.
  • God never changes.
Are there any you'd like to add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment