Sunday, October 9, 2011

Forty is Young & Friends Are Like Bras

I remember when thirty seemed soooo old. Ancient, in fact.

And then, as I inched closer, it suddelnly wasn't so old after all, but FORTY? Forty was definitly old.

Now that I'm thirty-nine, forty seems almost adolescent. Almost.

I mean, you're as young as you feel, right? Not counting those times when my body aches while getting out of bed, I feel young, hip, and fun. I'm sure it helps that I'm surrounded by a pretty amazing group of friends and three lively offspring (19, 15, and 6).  These are just a few of my rockin' friends and my daughter. I am a lucky, lucky girl.
I read once that "Friends are like bras...close to the heart and there for support" (not sure who gets credit for this). Couldn't have said it better myself.

The more birthdays I have, the more thankful and grateful I am. Since having melanoma in 2004, life has taken on new meaning. Each day is to be celebrated, and I plan on doing just that.

Forty really is young. And fifty isn't looking so bad either.

Here's to celebrating our years together!

And to my friends, old and new, I really mean this ...

You really do. Don't let anyone tell you different, no matter how young or old you are. :)

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment